Community-Based allows Bigs and Littles to spend time in the community doing fun and interactive activities, working toward personal achievement and positive character development. To participate in the Community-Based program, Bigs commit an average of 4-7 hours per month with their little for a minimum of one year. This program allows the Big and Little to spend time out in the community doing fun and interactive activities like:
- Attending local events
- Going to the mall
- Community service projects
- Going to the movies
- Visiting a museum
- Having lunch together…and more!
Need ideas of what to do with your Little?
- BBBSNEFL sponsors quarterly activities and community service projects free of charge to matches throughout the year. Past activities include trips to the Armada FC Game, Jax Pier Fishing Trip, Aging True Meals on Wheels Program, Mural Painting at local schools, and more.
- Bigs who participate in our Community Based Mentoring Program also have access to our bi-monthly e-newsletter called The Community Front. The Community Front e-newsletter provides up-to-date info on BBBSNEFL and tons of free and/or low-cost activities occurring in the local area.
- Each match in our program is assigned a dedicated and professional Match Support Specialist (MSS). The MSS will maintain regular communication with the Big, Little, and the Little’s parent/guardian. MSS’ help guide and monitor each match relationship by offering tips, ideas, and advice to help advance the match relationship.