Beyond School Walls
We have found that a great place to help a child realize their potential is at the work place. Kids enjoy having their Bigs meet with them at their office. And parents know what a positive impact it makes.
It’s Executive Approved.
Some of the biggest supporters of our Beyond the School Walls are the executives. They see their staff come back from their time with their Little filled pride, smiling big, and eager to succeed.
Learning about work.
Although it takes place at the work place, our workplace mentoring program isn’t limited to the office. Of course, some Littles do talk with their Bigs about their work, or do homework, or read together, but it’s perfectly fine to shoot hoops in the gym or play on the playground. At the end of the day, it's really all about starting a friendship, providing guidance and inspiring them to reach their potential.
Our Community Partners
· Comcast and Sandalwood High School (IT Academy)
· Haskell and Andrew Jackson High School
· Mayo Clinic and Mandarin High School (Medical Academy)
· JAXPORT and First Coast High School (Logistics Academy)
· Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront and Samuel W. Wolfson High School
· LSI and Sandalwood High School (JROTC/Aviation Academy)
· Microsoft and Ed White High School (IT Academy)
In the News
Students Learn From Workplace Mentors, WJXT Channel 4
Mentoring Expands for Jacksonville Schools with Beyond School Walls, City of Jacksonville
Big Brothers Big Sisters and Mayo Clinic Launch "Beyond School Walls" Workplace Mentoring Program with Fletcher High School, WJXX and WTLV First Coast News
Interested in becoming a volunteer in our Beyond the School Walls program? Click here.
Need more information about volunteering? Click here.
Want to make a donation to support our programs? Click here.