Our Community-Based Mentoring Program allows the Big and Little to spend time out in the community doing fun and interactive activities like:
- Attending local events
- Going to the mall
- Community service projects
- Going to the movies
- Visiting a museum
- Have lunch together… and more!
Need ideas of what to do with your Little?
- BBBSNEFL sponsors quarterly activities and community service projects free of charge to matches throughout the year. Past activities include trips to the Armada FC Game, Jax Pier Fishing Trip, Aging True Meals on Wheels Program, Mural Painting at local schools and more.
- Bigs who participate in our Community Based Mentoring Program also have access to our bi-monthly e-newsletter called, The Community Front. The Community Front e-newsletter provides info on tons of free and low-cost events and activities that are occurring in and around our local area.
- Each match in our program are assigned a dedicated and professional Match Support Specialist (MSS). The MSS will maintain regular communication with the Big, Little and the Little’s parent/guardian. MSSs help guide and monitor each match relationship by offering tips, ideas and advice to help advance the match relationship.
What is the Commitment?
To participate in the Community-Based Program, Bigs will only need to commit to spending 4-6 hours with their Little each month. We ask that Bigs commit to volunteering for at least 1-year.